[csw-maintainers] bad interactions with CSWcommon

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 30 15:33:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 30.07.2010 um 02:29 schrieb Philip Brown:

> On 7/25/10, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>
>> I on the other hand have read the gettext docs, an action which I
>> think is more germane to the issue than pestering the coreutils folks
>> about their specific use of gettext.
>
> I see that you didnt seem to want to "bother" them about why they are
> doing what they do,
> but you seem fine bothering them to ask an opinion about what I'm
> doing.
> This seems inappropriate to me.

Bruno has a vast knowledge in this area (to be exact, he is the
upstream maintainer of GNU gettext). If he says "don't make symlinks"
than it is definitely the right thing to not make symlinks. At least
this sounds like a better argument than "we introduced it for reasons
long forgotten and never had a problem until now and therefore spread
what we have and ignore the problem that just arose as it can be worked
around".