[csw-maintainers] cswclassutils: location of template init scripts

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Jun 2 18:19:08 CEST 2010

I have an idea for both "making it work right", and also preserving
backward compatibility.
How about this for an idea:

cswinitsmf will be modified, so that it creates a new file somewhere
under /opt/csw, to keep track of file(s) registered for a package.

/opt/csw/etc/cswinitsmf/CSWxxx (a directory

It will also copy or symlink relevant files into there.
For global zone, it will otherwise act as normal.

Zone behaviour
If the init files were in /etc/opt/csw, then copy into above mentioned
directory, and proceed as normal.

If the init files were in /opt/csw/etc/init.d, then it will get
called, but without a normal list of files on stdin.
We can then detect "hey I was called with no files",and instead have
it go look in
/opt/csw/etc/cswinitsmf/$PKGINST, and process THOSE files, as its file
list for the zone.

Whaddyathink?