[csw-maintainers] Is there any interest in vixie cron?

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Jun 12 11:41:47 CEST 2010

No dia 12 de Junho de 2010 10:24, Peter Bonivart
<bonivart at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Are there any people here interested in testing vixie cron?
>
> It's not absolutely necessary but it sure is nice. :-)
>
> Did you have it working so we can test it or is it tough to port?

I have it working on Solaris 10, but Solaris 9 needs a bit more work.
Specifically, it doesn't have O_NOFOLLOW option for the open()
syscall.  I've found a workaround[1] that minimizes the race condition
problem, by checking the device and inode numbers.  I need to rewrite
the section where crontabs are opened.

There are more tweaks needed, but I can probably get the first version
working today.

[1] https://www.securecoding.cert.org/confluence/display/seccode/POS01-C.+Check+for+the+existence+of+links+when+dealing+with+files