[csw-maintainers] cswclassutils: location of template init scripts

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Jun 16 16:32:33 CEST 2010

No dia 11 de Junho de 2010 17:22, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 6:38 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
>> In any case, I'm weary of throwing away or significantly modifying
>> what we have right now, just because of the NFS case.  I'd rather add
>> whatever NFS setup needs, without disturbing the existing solution.
>>

> I believe the above proposal meets that criteria. The only
> "significant modification" is a one-time alteration of the cswinitsmf
> CAS package.

True, it's a one time modification, assuming there are no bugs.  The
modification has some drawbacks though; it doesn't use the system
mechanisms in an intuitive way.  If I were to debug a problem with
such solution, soon enough I'd start brandishing blade weapons in the
author's general direction.

As a side note, I've just discovered that the same issue concerns our
alternatives script, so our sudo package is broken too and I need to
get it fixed relatively soon.

Our discussion so far looked like:

Person A:
"I think we should use solution A1, because of reasons R1 and R2."

Person B:
"I think we should use solution B1 or B2 because of reasons R3 and R4."

At no point there's enough information on one page to make an informed
decision.  We probably need to do a complete assessment similar to the
one that we did for cswmigrateconf[1].  It'll require some time to
write, but we can start a stub pretty quickly.

Thoughts?

[1] http://wiki.opencsw.org/configuration-directory-migration