[csw-maintainers] bad interactions with CSWcommon

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Jun 19 05:36:25 CEST 2010

Hi All,

A bug was filed against CSWcoreutils that I've tracked down to a bad
interaction with CSWcommon.

Consider:

# grep csw/share/locale/es /var/sadm/install/contents | egrep "(CSWcommon|CSWcoreutils)"
/opt/csw/share/locale/es d none 0755 root bin CSWbinutils CSWgmake CSWmeld CSWfindutils CSWgconf2 CSWbonobo2 CSWcommon CSWgawk
/opt/csw/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES d none 0755 root bin CSWbinutils CSWgmake CSWmeld CSWfindutils CSWgconf2 CSWbonobo2 CSWcommon CSWgawk
/opt/csw/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/coreutils.mo f none 0644 root bin 113352 38429 1274322259 CSWcoreutils
/opt/csw/share/locale/es/LC_TIME=LC_MESSAGES s none CSWcommon
/opt/csw/share/locale/es/LC_TIME/coreutils.mo=../LC_MESSAGES/coreutils.mo s none CSWcoreutils

CSWcoreutils wants to provide:
$ grep locale/es CSWcoreutils.prototype
f none /opt/csw/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/coreutils.mo 0644 root bin
s none /opt/csw/share/locale/es/LC_TIME/coreutils.mo=../LC_MESSAGES/coreutils.mo

So, when CSWcoreutils is installed, the LC_TIME/coreutils.mo symlink
is delivered as LC_MESSAGES/coreutils.mo ->
../LC_MESSAGES/coreutils.mo (self referential symlink)...

I thought initially that I could work around this by simply filtering
out any LC_TIME entries from the coreutils prototype, but not every
LC_TIME is a symlink to the corresponding LC_MESSAGES (eg:
locale/vi).

Am I missing an obvious fix here?  I'm happy to settle for a
non-obvious fix too, but I don't see a good one right now. Have other
packages encountered this?

For reference, the open bug is here:
https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=4454

Thanks