[csw-maintainers] desktop team, looking for members

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Jun 22 20:16:43 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

we are potentially now revving up our packages to the level where
we're going to have "desktop issues".

That is to say, "issues", in the sense of "what should our strategy be
in area x, y, and z?"

These are issues that dont neccessarily have a "right" or "wrong"
answer... they just need to be consistent.
This sort of thing benefits from having a person, or persons, who have
a long-term commitment or interest in making sure things stay sane.

I would personally NOT like to be heavily involved in this.
Unfortunately, with the path I'm treading on, (packaging wise), I'm
running into things where I'm having to make decisions on this sort of
thing, but I'd much rather someone else be making the decisions :-}

Anyone interested?
We can have more than one person involved (in fact, I HOPE we will have more).
Qualifications are minimal:
1. Must have an interest in having OpenCSW desktop visible stuff look nice
2. Must have an interest, or at least a commitment, to doing a little
research when neccessary.
  In other words, prior experience not required... but a willingness
to OBTAIN experience, is ;-)
  And you do NOT have to do all the research yourself. it is perfectly
valid to ask for help, etc.

Any takers? Please?  Pretty-please?

A reminder: This is not a position "to package all desktop programs".
I'm thinking more like a simple "desktop theme and design committee".
You may end up being a "committee of 1". If you're okay with that, all
the better.