[csw-maintainers] Problem with gam_server and gimp

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Tue Jun 22 22:14:21 CEST 2010

Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:

>On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Jeffery Small <jeff at cjsa.com> wrote:
>> Following up to my own post, I just realized that the fam package was also
>> recently upgraded, and this may also be a source for the new troubles.
>> Other people on the internet have reported similar problems with high
>> gam_server loads.

>Errm... Jeff.. you ARE still on the maintainers list, right?

>I just posted to the list, a coupla days ago, about this very problem,
>and asked for suggestions :-}

Sorry, I was away for a long weekend and probably missed this discussion as
I plowed through many days worth of messages.

>btw, if you DO find some kind of gaminrc that helps this situation,
>please let me know and i'd be happy to update gamin with it.

I'll report any positive information I uncover.  Can the maintainer of the
gam_server package verify the proper location of the gaminrc file.  I would
have assumed /opt/etc/gaminrc or /opt/etc/gamin/gaminrc, but using strings
on the binary only reveals /etc/gamin/gaminrc, /etc/gamin/mandatory_gaminrc
and /.gminrc.

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040