[csw-maintainers] website: experimental? latest package releases?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 28 09:47:43 CEST 2010

Hi Rupert,

Am 27.06.2010 um 14:46 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> No dia 27 de Junho de 2010 11:07, rupert THURNER
> <rupert at opencsw.org> escreveu:
>> hi,
>>
>> how one is supposed to reach experimental and a guide how to install
>> with the new website?
>>
>> * http://www.opencsw.org/get-it/packages/ contains a dead link
>> "testing".
>
> This one is not directly editable.

Just fwd' William.

>> * http://www.opencsw.org/get-it/testing-packages/ is outdated (newest
>> pkg from 2008)
>
> The list of packages was not live; it was a static HTML stored in the
> database.  I've replaced it with a descriptive paragraph and added a
> link to experimental.  Feel free to further improve it.  I only did
> the minimal amount of work to prevent this page from being misleading.

Looks good. For Paris I would like to have a webpage-workshop to
straighten
out all open issues.

>> * feeds contains http://mirror.opencsw.org/cgi-bin/experimental.atom
>> and where does one see the latest upgraded packages?
>
> Wasn't this feed not up yet?  There recently was a thread about it, if
> you look up the archives.

You mean the "released packages feed"? Unfortunately that one is down
at the moment - historically www and the release machines where the
same in the past, we need to have some interface here.