[csw-maintainers] gar suggestion

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Jun 29 00:14:53 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:38 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Well, ok then. Let's disable this checksum-thing.

Cool!

while you're busy disabling things... It would be nice if you disabled
automatic "git-ification(?)", unless the person specifically says "I
am interested in generating a patch set".
Most of the time, its just an annoying waste of time.

I've just come across a situation where it WOULD potentially be
useful.. so please note I'm not saying it's garbage :) I'm just saying
dont bother me with it, unless I tell the build system I really want
it.
(I'm envisioning a per-directory make target.  ie: "gmake git" or something)