[csw-maintainers] A question of naming, in our svn repository

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Jun 29 19:05:19 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Tue Jun 29 12:58:33 -0400 2010:

> a) facilitate finding an svn directory from an "upstream" name
> b) facilitate finding an svn directory from a package name.

I think (b) makes the most sense, for the reasons you've given.  It
also works when you consider that there are a few oddball packages
(docbook stuff, others?) that combine multiple upstreams into a single
package.

If nobody provides a better case for (a), we could move to
standardizing the directory naming...say at the next update for a
package, rename the directory if required?

Thanks