[csw-maintainers] Porting FAQ

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 5 09:54:35 CET 2010

I've recently had an awesome Solaris porting session with William.
Thanks to him I managed to work around things much quicker than it
would take me if I had to work out each thing by myself.  For
instance, when stdint.h was missing, William had an instant answer:
use sys/inttypes.h instead.

I've started a stub wiki page for these kinds of porting tips.
There's also a section with useful links related to Sun Studio and
Solaris porting in general.  There's also a section about how to
quickly create a patch and integrate it with GAR.

http://wiki.opencsw.org/porting-faq

Whenever you solve a porting issue that looks like a typical problem,
please update the wiki to make the world a better place.