[csw-maintainers] Porting FAQ

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Mar 5 18:56:49 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 12:54 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> I've recently had an awesome Solaris porting session with William.
> Thanks to him I managed to work around things much quicker than it
> would take me if I had to work out each thing by myself.  For
> instance, when stdint.h was missing, William had an instant answer:
> use sys/inttypes.h instead.
>
> I've started a stub wiki page for these kinds of porting tips.
> There's also a section with useful links related to Sun Studio and
> Solaris porting in general.  There's also a section about how to
> quickly create a patch and integrate it with GAR.
>
> http://wiki.opencsw.org/porting-faq

very cool! thanks for starting this.

I see you've referenced one, somewhat modern, [open]solaris porting
FAQs out there .

You may want to hunt for some of the older ones as well. After all,
people have been porting stuff to Solaris for a long time,and there
are a few nice old-time ones out there (although its been some time
since I've looked one up myself)