[csw-maintainers] Which x11 library to choose?

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Mar 6 12:47:55 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Roger Håkansson <hson at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On 2010-03-05 19:32, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>>
>> Exactly. A package should be linked OpenCSW X11 exactly when:
>> - it relies on features only available in OpenCSW X11
>> or
>> - it is linked together with a binary that is linked against
>> OpenCSW X11
>>

> - And doesn't contain any libraries someone might link with creating other
> packages.
>

> Otherwise we end up with the same problem as we have right now, some
> packages are linked with Sun X11 and some with OpenCSW X11 and when creating
> a package which is linked to libraries from both categories we get into
> trouble.

Is it possible to assess how often there are libraries that are not
likely to be linked against?

I'm asking, because I'm thinking that it might be a good candidate for
an automated check.  It would go something like this:

- if it's a binary, it's OK if it links against Sun X11
- if it's a library which links against Sun X11, throw an error (which
may of course be overridden)