[csw-maintainers] gnulib how to

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 9 09:16:29 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've finished the first draft of the 'how to integrate gnulib' wiki
> page.  If anyone is interested in reading it, I'd be interested in
> feedback on unclear wording, topics that need more depth, etc.
>
> http://wiki.opencsw.org/adding-gnulib

This howto tells about gnulib in general.  How about making it more
GAR-specific?  There are lots of detail to how to integrate the
merging of gnulib into gar.

For example:

- first, you need to gmake extract
- initialize a git repository in work/.../foo-1.2.3
- then gmake patch (if any patches are there already)
- submit the patches to git
- do some stuff
- submit to git
- do more stuff
- submit to git again (to separate from the previous stuff)
- use git-format-patch

etc.

There can be also the step of adding a pre-configure target
(autoreconf?) to the Makefile.

What do you think?