[csw-maintainers] Help wanted with testing Perl 5.10.1 and associated packages

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 9 13:26:42 CET 2010

After building a huge number of packages, especially Dagobert and
Benjamin did many of the hard ones, we're now ready to test Perl
5.10.1 in a more integrated way.

About 80 modules containing shared libraries had to be rebuilt against
the new 5.10.1. It also affected about 10 other packages that had to
be rebuilt. Also four (module) packages were identified as having been
integrated into newer Perl so we have no need for them, they have been
emptied (to avoid file collisions) and one will be dropped (nothing
depends on it).

You can see more details on our project page on the wiki:
http://wiki.opencsw.org/project-perl

Please see if you use any of the packages listed, or just Perl itself,
and install it from the experimental branch. Give us feedback
regardless if it works or not, both are interesting to us.

http://mirror.opencsw.org/experimental.html#perl

--
/peter