[csw-maintainers] Java packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Mar 15 23:30:47 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Roger Håkansson <hson at opencsw.org> wrote:

> I was trying to point out the fact that the only place jvm will look for
> classes is in its own installdir and speaking in general terms, not
> opencsw-specific.
> It will not find the stuff in /opt/csw/share/java unless you set the
> classpath (either through environment variable or by option when invoking
> java/javac).
> There is nothing like LD_OPTIONS/LD_LIBRARY_PATH/RUNPATH when it comes to
> java.

sure there is.

CLASSPATH.

erm.. and you just acknowleged that, above? so, I'm a little confused? :-}

(and technically, I think that, while there isnt a "standard"
compiled-in thing like RPATH, I believe that java programs can
programatically alter their own CLASSPATH if they choose.
(so, technically, you CAN "compile in" a CLASSPATH, of sorts)

But its been a long time since I dabbled in java, so i could be misremembering.