[csw-maintainers] Perl package maintainers

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Mar 18 21:38:07 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
>> Them not having answered bugs on the bugtracking list, does not make
>> it okay to skip attempting to contact them directly.
>
> What's considered directly then? I don't know maintainers e-mail
> addresses and I assume the contact form on their package pages goes to
> the same address as listed for Mantis? Or doesn't it?

it might, it might not. there is nothing forcing them to be in sync.
and there's always the possibility that the person may have
"accidentally" created a mail filter that drops mantis bug reports :-}

I would say that emailing their @opencsw.org email directly, is sufficient.

>> It does not sound like you have fully "contacted everyone". Peter F
>> would seem to be proof of that.
>
> Peter is not owner of any of the packages in the Perl project.

> Again, we didn't want to take over any packages, we filed bugs against
> them because we wanted help doing them. Not receiving that we did the
> work to be able to finish the project.

Thanks for making that clear.

Might be useful for you to put together a more public, explicit list of

package    maintainer

that you are having non-response problems with.