[csw-maintainers] merge issue with 64-bit builds (was [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs libproxy)

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 22 21:12:58 CET 2010

Hi Roger,

Am 22.03.2010 um 19:42 schrieb Roger Håkansson:
> On 2010-03-22 18:16, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote:
>> 2010/3/22 Roger Håkansson<hson at opencsw.org>:
>>> there isn't any way to tell GAR to merge only libraries not
>>> binaries when
>>> building 64-bit.
>>
>> There is, here's the idiom:
>>
>> MERGE_DIRS_isa-extra = $(libdir)
>>
>> It's literally 'extra', a shorthand for:
>>
>> MERGE_DIRS_isa-sparcv9 = $(libdir)
>> MERGE_DIRS_isa-amd64   = $(libdir)
>
> In this case (libproxy), that would do the trick.
> But in some cases one might want to skip merging binaries into the
> "base" package, but have "runnable scripts" in the development
> package (i.e where you have a xxx-config which gives pkg-config-like
> functionality). How would you do that then?

Smart question :-) I needed to fail first to become aware of it. The
solution
is that there is a specific merge-rule that just copies the *-config
files
which you can add to the merge-scripts for the modulation:

   MERGE_SCRIPTS_isa-extra = copy-relocated-only copy-config-only
   MERGE_DIRS_isa-extra = $(libdir)

I have used this e.g. at ncurses and pcre if you want to see a real-life
example.