[csw-maintainers] Runpath menagerie for review

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Mar 23 22:25:49 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> I would like to kindly ask the Elders to review the list below and
> identify rpath entries that are erroneous, so I can create a check
> detecting them.

most of them are wrong :)

anything with "dist", "home", /usr/sfw, /usr/local,  is wrong

stuff starting with /optcsw is mostly acceptible.

/opt/studio and/opt/forte are artifacts of old environment. they
"shouldnt" really be there.
/opt/SUNWspro is sortof forgivable, since its the "proper" location,
but we should probably really be using -xnorunpath to avoid that sort
of stuffs

and of course "RGIN/blah", is an  artifact of bad quoting. ie: "wrong" :-}