[csw-maintainers] Bugreport on alternatives with NFS-shared /opt/csw

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 24 18:44:22 CET 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Wed Mar 24 13:38:04 -0400 2010:

> i'm not surprised. which is why I reiterate my suggestion that we
> should merely duplicate the user-level interface (and only the bits
> we actually care about), and thus avoid extra baggage.

But why reinvent the wheel?  The wheel is already round and mostly
works.  With some tweaks, that as you say, should be acceptable
upstream since they wouldn't harm the original environment, it'd be
perfectly round for us too.

NIH sucks...*I'm looking at you logadm*

Anyway.  Since I'm not going to do the work in either scenario, I'll
be quiet now.

Thanks