[csw-maintainers] more gar?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri May 7 09:58:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 07.05.2010 um 00:04 schrieb Peter Bonivart:
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Darin Perusich
> <Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com> wrote:
>> How do you define dependencies in GAR?
>
> With RUNTIME_DEP_PKGS. See
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/wiki/GAR%20Variable%20Reference.
>
>> How do you specify pre/post install/remove scripts?
>
> With a line like this:
>
> DISTFILES += $(call admfiles,CSWpkgutil,prototype preremove
> postinstall)

The admfiles-routine also adds CSWpkgutil.gspec, which sets package
name etc.
I would recommend just adding the files you need directly without the
call, e.g.
   DISTFILES = CSWpkgutil.postinstall CSWpkgutil.preremove etc.
(for Darin, Peter: you have probably a special case here)

> You provide the scripts in for example files/CSWpkgutil.preremove. See
> http://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/pkgutil/trunk/.
> The above example defines a static prototype as well as preremove and
> postinstall, you should normally always use a dynamic prototype.
>
>> How you renamed file.conf to  file.conf.CSW?
>
> You can write your own install scripts directly in the Makefile,
> easiest would be to look at other Makefiles, here's one:
>
> http://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/bind/trunk/Makefile?revision=9472&view=markup

Or even easier you just say
   PRESERVECONF = /etc/opt/csw/myapp.conf
GAR is smart enough to automatically append .CSW, set the class, add the
cswclassutils dependency etc. This is documented here:
   <http://wiki.opencsw.org/cswclassutils-package#toc11>