[csw-maintainers] subversion-1.6.11 - what does -xnorunpath ?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri May 14 10:12:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 13.05.2010 um 12:37 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> No dia 13 de Maio de 2010 11:31, rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org>
> escreveu:
>> the subversion-1.6.11 compile does at some point a "-xnorunpath " and
>> then fails with
>>   gcc: language norunpath not recognized
>
> It's a Sun Studio flag, which prevents it from embedding it's private
> RUNPATH entries in the binaries.  GCC doesn't have this option.  Did
> you search GAR code for it?

The problem arises when programs are compiled with cc and the flags are
stored in a .pc or similar file which gets then applied to compile a
package with gcc. I remember there were issues with the Ruby compile
anyway which Ben wanted to convert to cc compilation when I last pinged
him on Xapian compilation.

Ben, did you get to changing the compile environment?