[csw-maintainers] apr-util - searches for libiconv.la - how to use .so ?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat May 22 14:26:48 CEST 2010

Excerpts from rupert THURNER's message of Sat May 22 07:41:14 -0400 2010:

Hi Rupert,

> how could one convince apr-util to not search for  libiconv.la, but
> use what is existing and working?

Have you turned on the 'STRIP_LIBTOOL = 1' option in your GAR recipe?
If not, try that first.  If it still doesn't work nicely, you'll need
a bigger hammer...I've got one recipe where the trick about didn't
work and I had to correct it through other means.  See the Openjade
build recipe here:
https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/openjade/trunk/Makefile

Thanks