[csw-maintainers] call for apache2 testing

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Oct 9 03:13:14 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Ben Walton's message of Wed Sep 29 22:33:10 -0400 2010:

Hi All,

> Any testing you can provide is appreciated.  I'd prefer that this
> update not blow up web servers. :)

Ok, another request for testing.  I think I've addressed all issues
noted previously and some that weren't.  The experimental repo is now:

http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/experimental/apache2

Changes since the last time:

1. httpd.worker is now delivered in ap2_worker (as it used to be).
   This is so that alternatives support is more robust (eg: actually
   works)
2. Fixed package splitting so the -devel package has the proper files.
3. Pulled apxs and required files out of -devel so they can be used by
   the cswap2mod CAS.
4. Tried to clarify the language used in the postmsg README's to ease
   the transition to alternatives.  I suspect that because
   httpd.worker is actually in ap2_worker most people won't interact
   with alternatives for this task anyway.
5. Generate a dummy ssl certificate at install time if not already
   there.

I've tested both fresh install and update from the current packages
and it all seems to work as I'd expect.

If I don't hear anything back in a few days, I'll push it to the
gate.

Thanks