[csw-maintainers] GAR: Checks for shared library names

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Oct 11 06:13:20 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Here goes the summary:
>
> 1. .so files should not be together with shared libraries.

erm.. I presume you mean,
"the SYMLINK for libxxxx.so ->libxxx.so.# should not go in the
separated-out runtime package for the shared libraries".

> 2. If package contains multiple shared libraries, their versions
> should match.  For example, libfoo.so.1.2.3 and libfoo_bar.so.1.2.3
> are OK to be together, but libfoo.so.1.2.3 and libfoo.2.1.3 are not.

I dont think it is okay to "mandate" that.
Otherwise, you have to spell out more what to do when braindead
upstream people lump non-matching version together