[csw-maintainers] checkpkg release

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Oct 11 19:22:03 CEST 2010

At the moment, the "cswutils" package, is still centered around my
original suite of utilities, which were/are focused on building a
package more manually, without GAR assistance.
it's not just about ye olde 'checkpkg'.

The benefits to the old suite are that it is relatively lightweight,
in that it requires neither python, nor gar, and is self-contained. I
find some value in that.

I also see value in the GAR-based set of utilities, so am trying to
ponder what kind of split makes sense, both at the grouping level, and
at the naming level.

Would it make more sense to move the python/gar based stuff out to a
new package named "garutils"  ?