[csw-maintainers] GAR: Checks for shared library names

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Oct 15 00:56:01 CEST 2010

No dia 14 de Outubro de 2010 20:12, Dagobert Michelsen
<dam at opencsw.org> escreveu:
>> PACKAGES += CSWlibnspr4
>> CATALOGNAME_CSWlibnspr4 += libnspr4
>
> Would it be much hassle to skip the '+'? There is no usecase for having
> multiple
> catalog names.

Done.

>> PKGFILES_CSWlibnspr4 += /opt/csw/lib/libnspr4.so
>
> Shouldn't this belong to the current CSWnspr? This is the symlink to the
> most current one, right?

A very, very long time ago the NSPR/NSS guys decided that they will
embed the indication of API version in the library name, rather than
in the soname version.  They can't get out of it now, so they're stuck
with the actual library name being "libnspr4.so".  Consequently,
libnspr4.so is not a symlink, but the file with actual data.  From my
conversation with one of the developers, if they could change it, they
would.  But it's hard enough so that they don't.  If they every change
the API, they'll create a new library.  I hope it'll be libnspr.so.5,
and not libnspr5.so.