[csw-maintainers] apache2 vs CAS

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 28 01:51:52 CEST 2010

Hi All,

When I initially added cswap2mod CAS to cswclassutils, there were
comments indicating that it shouldn't go there.  I moved it directly
into CSWapache2.  Now, it's biting people with sparse root zones.

So, my thoughts are:

1. Move the scripts back into cswclassutils.
2. Release the updated cswclassutils that is actually a package per
   script pair.

This will still apply pain to those that run with sparse root zones,
but only if they install a package the requires CSWcas-ap2mod.  Of the
default apache package set, that would only be CSWap2suexec.

The only think I don't particularly like here is that the cswap2mod
scripts rely on apxs which isn't available without apache.  Anything
setting a CAS to cswap2mod though should depend on apache, which
provides that, so it's not the end of the world...this could be
handled by checkpkg.

Thoughts?

Thanks