[csw-maintainers] apache2 vs CAS

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Oct 28 18:09:03 CEST 2010

On 10/28/10, James Lee <james at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On 28/10/10, 00:51:52, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote regarding
> [csw-maintainers] apache2 vs CAS:
>
>> When I initially added cswap2mod CAS to cswclassutils, there were
>> comments indicating that it shouldn't go there.  I moved it directly
>> into CSWapache2.  Now, it's biting people with sparse root zones.
>
> Use an existing class, probably build[1], then you put nothing of
> your own in /usr.
>[...]
>
> and deliver the apxs commands in http.conf.
>
> !install
> $APXS -e $enmod -n $MODNAME $MODFILE
>
> !remove
> $APXS -e -A -n $MODNAME $MODFILE
>
> 1. http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-0406/ch3enhancepkg-39

Neat trick.

But I wonder how it will work with sparse zones?

For something with "same config across zones", that would work great.
But with something such as apache, that presumes DIFFERENT configs in each zone
(even though the binaries would be shared), how well will this work?

Might work fine -- pkgadd may call the build action on zone-unique
file --  but needs to be tested to make sure.