[csw-maintainers] supported configuration for zones: inherit-pkg-dir only

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sat Sep 4 00:02:09 CEST 2010

FYI: Due to a recent bug report, I am updating the wiki page
http://www.opencsw.org/use-it/sharing-optcsw/  to state that our
"officially supported" deployment of packages to zones, IF you pkgadd
them from the global, is to use /opt/csw as "inherit-pkg-dir" in the
zone configs.

I'm being a little premature in writing this up without a lengthy
discussion... however, this is important enough that I dont want to
forget to go back and write it up later.
Please feel free to discuss now, though, and if people come up with
good reasons to the contrary, I'll rewrite the page as suitable.

The bugid in question is:

https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=4538