[csw-maintainers] Easify OpenCSW bootstrapping on a server

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 21 21:11:59 CEST 2010

Hi Phil,

Am 21.09.2010 um 20:27 schrieb Philip Brown:
> It seems like this issue has been a little misrepresented.
> We already HAVE "one line bootstrapping" via the pkgutil method.
> One that is already mentioned on our web site:
>
> # pkgadd -d http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/pkgutil-`uname -p`.pkg
>
> This doesnt seem complicated to me. A one line cut-n-paste. Easy.

It is not complicated. But it can be even less complicated by
not having to specify `uname -p`. After reviewing the old
discussion I can't see a particular reason to not include
wget to a generic version.

It really boils down to beauty vs. ease-of-use. Beauty is
of course nice to look at, but it is not a virtue of its own.