[csw-maintainers] call for apache2 testing

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Sep 30 20:43:18 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Thu Sep 30 14:35:13 -0400 2010:

> is it really appropriate to use a class action script for this? I'm
> not sure it is.

Well, it's a common installation task that is typically delivered by a
script.  So I'd argue that yes, it is a good candidate (else I
wouldn't have written it).  There are a bunch of ap2_* packages that
can leverage this shared code now without popping up the 'this package
runs scripts as root...' bit.

Although the option isn't currently available, I'd also suggest that
csw.conf could be used to determine whether the module is added and
enabled or simply added (prefixed with #).  I'll extend the CAS
tonight to honour ap2_enable_default and ap2_enable_$module values in
a similar vein to the service on/off settings.  (Documented, of course.)

> and even if it is.... might it be more appropriate to split it out
> into it's own package?

Yes, we'd agreed previously that we would put each CAS into it's own
package.  I just haven't gotten to the actual splitting yet.

Thanks