[csw-maintainers] apache2 installation issue

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Fri Apr 1 22:57:17 CEST 2011

FYI:  I just ran a CSW update.  I have apache2 installed here but it
is disabled.  The update removed CSWapache2rt and CSWapache2 and then
installed CSWapache2c and CSWapache2.  Apparently CSWWapache2rt is no
longer necessary as it contains only two text files.

(Aside: apache2 may have been previously installed due to some other
package dependency from long ago, but I just checked and currently there
does not seem to be anything depending upon it, so I should probably just
uninstall the package.)

I haven't examined things closely, but apparently there is a post-install
script for CSWapache2 that tries to do something, and displayed a message
something like:

    Examining configuration files:

and then hung.  I'm guessing an expected config file was missing or else
the problem was in some attempt to manipulate the service which was not
actually running:

	# svcs -a | grep cswapache2
	disabled       13:14:16 svc:/network/cswapache2:default

I terminated the installation, which appears to have otherwise been
successful.  I mention this only so that the post-install script can be
examined and improved so as not to hang under these conditions.

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040