[csw-maintainers] apache2 installation issue

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Apr 4 02:50:09 CEST 2011

Excerpts from jeff's message of Sun Apr 03 20:43:09 -0400 2011:

> >There really isn't anything going on that should cause a hang.  The
> >service manipulation is done by cswinitsmf when the init script is
> >delivered.  That should happen before the postinstall script[1] runs.
> >I need to move template handling to a CAS, but that's something I
> >wanted to address separately since I had enough open issues to deal
> >with for this update.
>
> I think the best clue is something following the message
>
>     "Examining configuration files:"
>
> or something close to that.  Do you see that being printed anywhere
> during the installation?

Here is the tail end of the script.  I guess there is potential to
stall if there isn't enough entropy on the system to generate the ssl
cert...?  I plan to drop the cert generation in a future update, but
left it in to reduce the changes in this update as I was focused only
on fixing update related bugs with the 2.2.16 release.

HTH.
-Ben

--snip--
echo Copying CSW templates:
for file in $template_list
do
    filepath=$AP2_PREFIX/$file
    if [ -f "$filepath" ]; then
        echo "  preserving $filepath"
    elif [ -f "$filepath.CSW" ]; then
        echo "  creating $filepath"
        cp $filepath.CSW $filepath
    fi
done

if [ ! -f $AP2_CONFDIR/server.crt -a ! -f $AP2_CONFDIR/server.key ];
then
    echo Generating dummy ssl key and certificate...
    # this is likely overkill for a dummy cert, but why not
    umask 0077
    cat <<EOF | /usr/sbin/chroot ${ROOT} /opt/csw/bin/openssl req -new
    -newkey rsa:1024 -days 365 -nodes -x509 -keyout
    /opt/csw/apache2/etc/server.key  -out
    /opt/csw/apache2/etc/server.crt >/dev/null 2>&1
TS
Westfarthing
Hobbiton

$hostname