[csw-maintainers] CSWpy_mercurial - checkpkg gone wild?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Apr 9 14:42:39 CEST 2011

Excerpts from rupert THURNER's message of Sat Apr 09 07:16:27 -0400 2011:

Hi Rupert,

> when doing a minor upgrade to mercurial, checkpackage somehow got
> the idea mercurial should be named now py_mercurial. was there an
> issue filed against py_checkpackage that says it should get
> english_implemented like this, or in other english_words,
> english_who english_checks py_checkpackage?

The CSWpy-somepkg/py_somepkg is the generally agreed upon convention
for naming.  It lines up with CSWpm-otherpkg/pm_otherpkg,
CSWrb18-newgem/rb18_newgem, CSWphp5-module/php5_module, etc.  More
generally, it lines up with the preference to use hyphen and
underscore to separate parts of names -doc/_doc, -dev/_doc, etc.

You can easily rename an existing package by doing:

PACKAGES += CSWpy-newpkg

OBSOLETED_BY_CSWpy-newpkg = CSWpyoldpkg

I don't see pymercurial listed on our packages page though, so that's
either not an issue for you or there is a missing/messed up database
entry.

Thanks