[csw-maintainers] Question about cswcptemplates

Juergen Arndt ja at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 21 22:25:37 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I ran into the following problem when using cswcptemplates: After (initially) installing the package on my test system the files belonging to the this class have the ownership root:other , instead of the user and group given in the prototype.

As far as I see, the ownerships are supposed to be set in the class action script, but at this point imho something went wrong:

		contents=`grep "^${file} " $PKG_INSTALL_ROOT/var/sadm/install/contents`
		if [ "$contents" ]; then
			mode=`echo $contents | awk '{print $4}'`
			user=`echo $contents | awk '{print $5}'`
			group=`echo $contents | awk '{print $6}'`
			chmod $mode $confdest
			chown $user:$group $confdest
		fi

In my case $contents was always empty, because the file didn't exist in /var/sadm/install/contents yet, so no mode, user or group was set.

Can anyone reproduce this or is it more likely an failure in my package recipe?

Thanks,
Juergen

--
Juergen Arndt