[csw-maintainers] Help for newbie creating a new package

Jesse Reynolds jesse at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 3 15:51:38 CEST 2011

2011/8/3 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>

> 2011/8/3 Jesse Reynolds <jesse at opencsw.org>:

> >> This happens when CFLAGS get passed to the C++ compiler.  If you set
> >> the flags correctly and it happens, then might be a bug in gperf.
> >
> > Right. But this is from the GAR example on the wiki, version 3.0.3 of
> gperf
> > which presumably used to work at some
> > point. http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/wiki/ExplainedGperf
>
> The check set in checkpkg is continuously updated, and build recipes
> that looked good so far, might start triggering errors.

Right, OK.

> This particular error is not serious, you could override it. However,
> if you set a variable and it doesn't propagate well, it means that
> either there's something wrong with the gperf build system and it
> doesn't process the environment properly, or you don't have the full
> understanding of how the build works.

OK right. I'm just trying to get a feel for the system by following an
example.

> Just to double-check: did you notice the difference between -norunpath
> and -xnorunpath?

Ack! No! Apologies. Trying that now ... Perfect.

The following packages have been built:

  CSWgperf
/home/jesse/staging/gperf-3.0.3,REV=2011.08.03-SunOS5.9-sparc-NOTVERSIONED.pkg.gz

        [package] complete for gperf.