[csw-maintainers] Where to report bugs for mgar ?

Jesse Reynolds jesse at opencsw.org
Thu Aug 4 01:26:34 CEST 2011

On 4 August 2011 08:11, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Excerpts from Jesse Reynolds's message of Wed Aug 03 18:22:22 -0400 2011:
>
> > > Are you sure you're running the latest version?
> > >

> > Ah, No, I'm running the version installed on unstable9s:
> >
> > unstable9s:~ $ which mgar
> > /opt/csw/bin/mgar
> > unstable9s:~ $ mgar version
> >
> > 360
>
> I'll just updated the boxes with the latest release... :)

Thanks Ben, I can see it's updated yep.

> > So it's best practice to checkout mgar into ~/bin/ ? What other
> > utilities / libraries fall into this category?
>
> Outside of GAR itself (which includes checkpkg), not much.

OK thanks, I'll get GAR as well, to be sure, to be sure.

Now, mgar 380 is quite different to mgar 360 ... with 360 I worked out I
could:
mkdir -p ~/test/gperf
cd ~/test/gperf
cat > Makefile
... paste in the build description ...
mgar newpkg
mgar package

And have it do everything, now it seems the newpkg command does quite
different stuff and so I'm back to not being able to create a package again.
newpkg now wants to create the directory for the package, and seemingly
doesn't care about a build description - presumably now you have to run
'mgar newpkg gperf' under some place in the actual checked out build
descriptions heirarchy? And then add your custom Makefile after it's created
the directory structure? Or ...?

Thank you
Jesse