[csw-maintainers] moving along...

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Aug 4 19:56:12 CEST 2011

2011/8/4 Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org>:
> 2011/8/4 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
>> So this is where I'll start. Here are the notes about the mantis
>> speedup project. Sebastian has already done a fair bit of work there.
>>
>> http://wiki.opencsw.org/project-mantis-speedup
>
> Isn't this a lot of effort if we're anyway switch to Jira or whatever?
>
> Couldn't we instead:
>
> 1. Register new projects in current Mantis manually when a new package
> is released (not _that_ frequent)
> 2. Put the same effort into getting Jira/? working on the side.
> Installing, testing, migrating.
>
> Thoughts?

It's hard to tell what will require more work, switching to jira or
taming mantis.  I'm personally not inclined to spearhead the jira
migration right now (although I would not mind another person doing
that).  In my experience it's a good idea to make small, effective
steps.  For example, we could start with a script that doesn't write
to mantis, but queries both systems and tells you the difference; what
to do in mantis to bring it to the state that matches the catalog.
This shouldn't be that hard, and is already a step in the right
direction.