[csw-maintainers] nginx + passenger

Jesse Reynolds jesse at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 16 01:34:43 CEST 2011

2011/8/16 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>

> 2011/8/15 Jesse Reynolds <jesse at opencsw.org>:
> > What are your thoughts about adding the passenger module to the nginx
> > package? My first thought is that this creates too many dependencies, ie
> > ruby, but perhaps it can be only an optional runtime dependency?
>
> What does adding this module mean in the terms of files on disk, and
> package building?  Is creating a new package sufficient, or is there a
> need to modify the nginx package? If so, what kind of modification is
> required?

I'd need to test this to be 100%, but I believe the nginx executable will be
different with passenger support. It has no plugin architecture - you have
to recompile nginx to add in it's modules. Andy already includes a bunch of
modules with configure lines like  --with-http_dav_module and so on. The
only binary executable in the (sparc) package
is  /opt/csw/sbin/sparcv8plus/nginx.