[csw-maintainers] nginx + passenger

Jonathan Craig jcraig at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 16 14:05:33 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 4:49 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:

> I suggest adding alternatives with nginx as base package and nginx_passenger as
> add-on which takes precedence on the binary and depends on ruby etc.

So we would have a package that provides function set 'A' as a base
package and then create a package that provides function set 'A' + 'B'
and uses alternatives to take precedence.  The benefit being that the
base package avoids a dependency on ruby?  Would it be better to roll
the 'a' + 'b' functionality into the base and create a shell package
that appends the ruby dependency but doesn't actually make a binary
change.  The benefit of this would be just one actual binary to build
and troubleshoot.