[csw-maintainers] [offtopic] git presentation

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 17 01:42:13 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 03:18, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm going to be putting together a git presentation for a mostly
> technical audience.  I expect that most of these folks will not have
> used git although a few will have.  I'm curious what those of you who
> use git would present.  What features do you:
>
> find most useful?
> find hardest to understand?
> wish you'd learned earlier?
> find most dangerous?

besides the things already mentioned by others, and the obvious "first
commit then get in others commits" workflow:
# how to change history, ammend to commit, rebase
# how to undo a / any command.
# how to develop a feature (branch or clone or whatever)
# if people from large svn installations are there, submodules
# use a client like gitg

rupert