[csw-maintainers] GCC 4.6 progress

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Aug 19 19:29:34 CEST 2011

Progress report:

- I repackaged gcc3 shared libraries, to allow migrating to the gcc4
versions of the same SONAMEs
- Sparc packages are built (without ada)
- i386 (Solaris 9) packages can be built
- amd64 (Solaris 10) packages don't build, I'm currently investigating the issue
- there has been no progress on the PPL library, so no Ada frontend
for gcc-4.6.1 - if anyone wants to help, please check out the sources
and observe how the build fails on amd64

If you want to see some evidence of my work (besides the code
commits), you can peek at the experimental catalog to see some
packages that have been already built (only for sparc right now).

http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#gcc4

Also, it is possible to hit the fork limit on the buildfarm:

fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Go me!  Or should I slow down?