[csw-maintainers] Drop koffice_gcc ?

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 21 12:17:49 CET 2011

2011/12/21 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
> I am redoing some of the baselibs for ImageMagick and would like to drop one
> old package (the only one requirung legacy ilmbase libs):
>  koffice_gcc
> I don't see that this is going to be updated in the future as desktop Solaris is
> pretty much dead.
>
> Comments?

We seem to generally go into the direction of the server stuff. Of
course, libraries such as GTK still play a major role (kudos to Rafi),
but we don't seem to have much traction on the desktop environment
side of things. I see it as a good thing, it's better to do less
things and do them well.

If at any point in time anybody comes along and contributes desktop
related packages, they will be more than welcome. At the same time, we
shouldn't let the desktop packages stand in our way to what we
specialize in.