[csw-maintainers] Most shared directory entries

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 28 22:41:13 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 28.12.2011 um 20:02 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński:
> 2011/12/28 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
>> Is there any harm in shipping an ARCH=all CSWcommon that provides the
>> super set of directories?
>
> It can cause confusion. If I logged on to a sparc server and saw an
> amd64 directory there, I would be worried.

Two things:
- We don't ship development files with ARCHALL=1 for the exact same reason as
  Maciej outlined. I am pretty much against putting amd64-anything on Sparc,
  be it names or contents.
- The common dirs stripped in GAR are taken from the CSWcommon package from Phil.
  This is generally bad from a workflow perspective. I suggest changing this to
  having the directories coded in GAR and have a special build description to make
  a CSWcommon package out of that and feed the directory exclusion at the same time.