[csw-maintainers] Most shared directory entries

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Dec 30 20:20:02 CET 2011

Excerpts from Peter FELECAN's message of Fri Dec 30 05:28:39 -0500 2011:

Hi Peter,

> This is so if everything is packaged through GAR, which is far from
> true, isn't it?

I think the change that we're talking about would be transparent to
non-GAR users.  The current GAR workflow is:

1. New CSWcommon is released.
2. Somebody updates files in GAR to reflect changes.
3. New packages from GAR exclude 'base' directories as listed in the
   updated files.

For non-GAR users, if packages are ignoring the directories at all,
I'd presume that you're grabbing CSWcommon and building a list
externally somewhere.  I think this would (or could) remain unchanged.

The GAR workflow would become:

1. Update list of directories/files to exclude from base package.
2. Run recipe to build new CSWcommon.
3. CSWcommon is built based on file list in GAR.
4. CSWcommon is published an others can use it as a basis for
   excludes.

It seems that you're ok with extracting the pair of files required
from SVN without grabbing the rest of GAR or the recipe tree though,
so either the old non-GAR workflow or a slight modification to fetch
these lists would be fine.

(I'm pretty sure we're all on the same page now, so this is just a
summary/clarification.)

Thanks