[csw-maintainers] Introducing the QA pages mockup

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Tue Feb 1 00:22:36 CET 2011

Hi,

Over the last weeks some work has been done to create prototypes of QA
pages. These pages are aimed to be available publicly from our web site.
Even if during development stage, they are only accessible from the
mockup site ( http://www-mockup.opencsw.org ).

QA pages will display both summaries and detailed information for
maintainers and packages, such as number of opened issues in mantis,
available upstream version, checkpkg results, automatic build results, etc.

Current set of pages display the following :

. List of orphaned packages :
http://www-mockup.opencsw.org/qa/packages/orphaned

. List of retired maintainers still owing packages :
http://www-mockup.opencsw.org/qa/maintainers/retired

. Detailed information about a maintainer :
http://www-mockup.opencsw.org/qa/maintainer/YOURLOGIN (example :
http://www-mockup.opencsw.org/qa/maintainer/wbonnet )

. Detailed information about a package :
http://www-mockup.opencsw.org/qa/package/CATALOGNAME (example :
http://www-mockup.opencsw.org/qa/package/firefox )

Please note that these pages are still drafts. The first three ones are
close to be finished. I still have a few comments from the first set of
tester to take in account. The last one is in its very very early stage.
I choose to make it public for maintainers since it carries information
about uWatch configuration that might be helpful for some of you. But
please don't treat this one as a possible release candidate. It's really
alpha.

I would like to submit these pages to your review, critics, comments,
and everything :)

The QA pages will be discussed during the coming winter camp, and some
hacking sessions will focus on improving these pages. Since only a few
of us will be in Dublin, i'm pushing the pages towards you all now. So
you will have some time to make some feedbacks before the camp and push
new requirements. Anyways the page will not be frozen during the camp !
But the sooner the review comes, the better it is.

QA pages are using a database backend. It is feed by catalog updates
(automatically processed every day) and by uWatch (automatically looking
for upstream version every day). On the mockup web server the catalog
processing is enabled daily, but uWatch are pushed manually several time
per week (time for me to merge uwatch2 branch to gar v2 trunk).

The two summaries pages will help us all to track orphaned packages.
Actually there are 593 packages. A large part of these packages are kde,
perl and php stuff. Hopefully our Perl maintainers are very active. It's
not the same for php nor kde.

The maintainer page will help each of us to have a simple access to the
list of things to be done for each package. The first columns display
the number of bugs per severity for each package. The second set of
colums displays version information. Version under stable testing and
unstable will appear in different cells if they are different, or in a
merged cell if they are the same in the different catalog. GAR and
upstream version will be merged if they are the same.

A gar version is bold if it can be released to upgrade unstable catalog.

Lutefisk, uBuild and checkpkg are not yet activated.

Feedbacks comments ands new requirements are welcome :) A wiki page is
setup here : http://wiki.opencsw.org/qa-pages-comments

Cheers
W.

PS : The number of orphaned packages are different on both summaries
pages because in the database there exist a ghost maintainer called "No
maintainer" which owns one package... It will be fixed soon :)

PS2: CSS are broken in some cases. They will be fixed once page will be
a bit more stable...

--
William                     http://www.wbonnet.net

http://www.opencsw.org      Community SoftWare for Solaris