[csw-maintainers] Aliased names vs dummy packages

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 3 09:31:39 CET 2011

Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> writes:

> Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Well, all this is so useless as it exceeds my capacity of comprehension
after reading and re-reading the thread. Remember, all started form an
esthetically oriented discussion which was: webpy is not webpy. This is
typical to the whimsical release managing that we have.

What's the problem that release management wants to solve?

Isn't the "solution" making things more complicated than leaving the
problem alone, i.e. webpy is webpy?

IMO, there are more important subjects without loosing our time on this
kind of white noise and I'll not offense by providing a list.
--
Peter