[csw-maintainers] [POLICY] Policy-team

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Feb 7 01:12:46 CET 2011

2011/2/6 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> I have an idea about the process of codification of our policy.  The
> general idea is that we do it together as a community.  One person
> prepares a change, and sends it out so others can see it and comment
> on it.  When the change is accepted, it can be committed to the
> repository.
>
> To make the process work smoothly, the person who sent the change,
> needs to know when is it okay to submit the patch.  On our mailing
> lists, things usually work the way that whenever a proposal is
> submitted, comments provided are primarily criticisms.  Proposals are
> pass when critical voices fade away.

and if they dont?  what triggers a vote? Is there a mandatory
discusion period length?
and what is the threshold for a a change in policy to pass? Given our
small size, I dont think that "simple majority" is a good idea.
and should we have different voting threshholds for new policies, vs
changing existing ones?

> Volunteers?  Thoughts?

I would volunteer