[csw-maintainers] [POLICY] Shared library placement proposal

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 8 03:55:32 CET 2011

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Mon Feb 07 19:51:50 -0500 2011:

> no, please dont "make a reference to rfcs". Our standards should be
> self-contained.

I don't see the RFC reference as a problem.  It's not about to
disappear anytime soon.  Self contained is good as a general
principle, but we're not talking about some random /. article here.

> Please take the appropriate section, write it in normal-people
> language as much as possible, and put it on our own pages.

Why the insistence on dumbed-down language?  These documents are aimed
at maintainers, not the general public.

Thanks